This group prepares breakfast and any extra lunches required. We provide hot cereal (oatmeal), cold cereal, juice, milk coffee, toast and spreads etc. We do not serve our guests rather they come to the passthrough window in the kitchen. Someone from this crew or the clean up crew must be responsible for the distribution of bus tickets, if provided. (Often the night supervisor stays for this purpose.)
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Read Communication Book
- Sign Volunteer Sign Sheet and get a nametag (first name only)
- Be aware of situations – assist other volunteers if necessary. (Understand what to do in a crisis.)
- Wake guests no later than 7am
- Always wash hands.
- Prepare breakfasts – cereal, juice or coffee, fruit
- Serve guests breakfast
- Clean off tables, wash dishes
- Clean up kitchen
- When using three sinks: Wash, Rinse and Second rinse water should contain Javex.
- Advise next shift of any issues.
- Record any concerns/comments in Ccommunication Book
- Sign out when you go home