This crew is responsible for serving supper. To create a welcoming atmosphere, we serve our guests at their tables.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Sign Volunteer Sign In Sheet and get a nametag (first name only).
- Be aware of situations – assist other volunteers if necessary. (Understand what to do in a crisis.)
- Wash hands frequently.
- Always know who your buddy is.
- Seat our guests at table, let them get coffee, juice
- Don’t be afraid to interact with our guests.
- When dinner is ready, serve the guests their meals at their tables
- Serve desert and coffee
- Pick up all dishes and cutlery
- After supper, clear tables and wipe vinyl table cloths
- Place more mattresses as required on the floor at the end of the gym for each guest staying overnight.
- Record any comments in communication book
- Advise next shift of any situations and when you are leaving.
- Sign out when you go home
Food cannot be taken off the premises. (Health Board Rules) If someone wants to have food to take home, we have can goods available on a shelf on the stage for just this purpose. Feel free to offer this option. Please try to explain to a guest, that the act of taking prepared food from here could get us shutdown.