Out Of The Cold is a program which strives to respond, in a meaningful way to the needs of the most abandoned of our city’s poor and homeless people. These needs include the basic physical needs of shelter, food and warm clothing, and the deeply human needs of compassion, dignity and feelings of self worth.
It is the aim of the program to enable all those involved to share their individual riches and poverties with one another. This interaction makes possible a discovery of our common humanity, which helps eliminate barriers and leads to the building of new and enriching relationships.
To provide the homeless in our community with warm and safe overnight accommodation and nourishment within a quiet and welcoming atmosphere during the winter months.
Our Guiding Principles
- Our guests are to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Our organizational principles will be as simple and non bureaucratic as possible consistent with a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- We are not here to preach or convert.
- We welcome community involvement.
Rules For Our Guests
The following will not be tolerated.
- Alcohol, tobacco or other substances
- Violence in word or deed.
- Weapons or potential weapons