Fire Evacuation Procedures
In case of a fire, be methodical. Move people quickly and calmly to the exit. Our main staging area would be the Main Entrance exit However other exits we might use are to the parking lot, or to other designated areas.
- At the start of your shift, learn where all the exits are.
- If people are sleeping, wake people calmly and quickly, notifying them of the nearest exit. Remember, we might have people sleeping in multiple areas.
- Check that no one is in a bathroom.
- Take both the Volunteer and Guest sign-in sheets to help determine if all are out of the building.
- Gather outside the Main Entrance.
- The church has an alarm system, once it sounds all must
- evacuate the building.
- Do not worry about any contents, just worry about getting
- everyone out of the building.
- Once you have left the building, no can re-enter until the fire department gives the OK.
- Do not try to put the fire out yourself.
In all cases of fire our number one priority
is the safe and orderly evacuation
of both our guests and volunteers.