When preparing food, cleanliness is most important. Wash your hands frequently.
- Sanitizer (Bleach) bottle is newly mixed before we begin. (Good for 24 hours)
- Always wear an apron.
- Wash your hands often.
- Gloves are only necessary if your hands have cuts etc.
- Wash dishes in the dishwasher when possible and let air dry.
- Otherwise use the three sink method – Wash – Rinse – Sanitize
- Hot foods to be kept hot, Cold foods kept cold.
- Any food brought in from outside must be entered in the Food Sign In book.
- Serve only what you would serve at home. i.e. Would you eat it?
Remember to wash your hands before handling food,
and wash them again frequently during work
- Volunteers must wash their hands:
- after visiting the toilet
- after handling raw food
- after using a handkerchief or nasal tissue
- after handling garbage
- after touching your ears, nose, mouth or other parts of the body
- after smoking
Food handling staff must not work when they are suffering from diseases which are likely to be transmitted through food